Dynamic world-influenced folk music and infectious dancing rhythms with Celtic and eastern influences.
With Celtic and eastern influences, the 3 Daft Monkeys’ dynamic style of world-influenced folk music and infectious dancing rhythms will leave you breathless, enthralled and exhilarated. After experiencing the band’s notoriously energetic live performance at Glastonbury Festival last summer, Mark Radcliffe declared them as one of his “Highlights of the Festival” on BBC TV coverage, and subsequently invited them to play a session on his BBC Radio 2 Folk Show. The band have also performed a live session with Whispering Bob Harris on Radio 2.
With their quirky and original approach to music, and their passion, intensity and sheer joy of life, 3 Daft Monkeys have gained themselves a large and loyal cult following. Their music is hard to pigeon-hole, mixing and crossing many musical genres from Celtic, Klezmer, Gypsy, Balkan, Latin, Ska, Dub Reggae,Indie, Rock and even a hint of Shostakovich.
Fascinating lyrics of personal and whimsical observations on life, and folk tales both ancient and modern,are told within the swirling layers of their music, all with the essential catchy sing-along chorus. Their latest story-led and theatrical album “Of Stones and Bones” (Best Album, Spiral Earth Awards) is a collection of old, new and fictional Cornish tales of forbidden love, murder, rebellion, witchcraft and piracy. All delivered with “panache and a wicked vein of humour”.
With a brand new 4-piece line-up, the band weave enchanting melodies with catchy choruses, virtuoso vibrant fiddle, rhythmic 12-string guitar, 6-string bass, bespoke hand-percussion and 4-part vocal harmonies. Their music leads you through a musical journey of the senses and emotions, and the desire to dance is irresistible.
Call for more information and tickets : 01736 363 545
Tickets £10 — £12
Advance tickets £10
On the door £12
Acorn Penzance, Penzance / Fri 24th November, 2017 at 8pm
- Tel: 01736 363 545
- UK: England
- County: Cornwall
- Postcode: TR184BU
October 29, 2017 6:42 am
This ad has expired
133 total views, 1 today
- New Channelkirk Cottages – Bridge Cottage Oxton, near Lauder, The Scottish Borders
- Cordorcan Cottages – Wee Cordorcan Wood of Cree, near Newton Stewart, Dumfries & Galloway
- Tawny Cottage Wester Essendy near Blairgowrie, Perthshire
- Ederline Estate – The School Room Ford, near Lochgilphead, Argyll and Bute
- Glasnick Smithy Kirkcowan, near Newton Stewart, Dumfries and Galloway
- Mid Balchandy – West Tomnafeannag Cottage Pitlochry, Perthshire
- Sea Breeze Cottage Buckie, Highlands
- Hame from Hame – Toab Aberdeen, Aberdeenshire
- Little Cottage Wigtown, Dumfries and Galloway
- Middletoun Cottages – Beech Tree Cottage Fountainhall, near Stow, The Scottish Borders