What we love
This charming thatched cottage is the ideal retreat for those wishing to explore the delights of the Isle of Skye.
All on the ground floor.
Living/dining room: With CD player (no TV).
Kitchen: With electric cooker, microwave and fridge.
Bedroom: With twin beds.
Shower room: With shower cubicle and toilet.Electric storage heaters, electricity, bed linen and towels included. Enclosed sitting-out area. 2 dogs welcome, to be kept on a lead at all times (sheep country). Private parking for 2 cars. No smoking.There is no better place from which to explore the enchanting Isle of Skye than an original thatched cottage, set in a crofting township. A-listed for its historic importance, and nestled in a landscape of rolling hills and Hebridean views, Beatons Croft is a dream hideaway from everyday life. Superb views across to the Isles of Harris, Lewis and North Uist are the icing on the cake of this authentic historic croft. Skye combines spectacular mountains, views to make the heart soar, and a rich heritage of historically significant events to enthral visitors of any age, from every part of the world. The awe-inspiring peaks of the Cuillin mountains rise at the centre and provide some of the most challenging walking and climbing in Britain. Seafood is abundant and world-class cuisine is available at the famous Three Chimneys restaurant. In Portree, just over 20 miles away youll find most amenities. Kilmuir is the burial site for Flora MacDonald, who escorted Bonnie Prince Charlie over the sea to Skye, while Dunvegan Castle holds more than 800 years of dramatic island history within its walls. Beach ½ mile. Shop, pub and restaurant 6 miles.
Direct Booking Link: https://www.cottages.com/cottages/beatons-croft-29899?nights=1&range=3
- UK: Scotland
- Postcode: ALL REGIONS
July 30, 2019 2:43 pm
90 total views, 1 today
- Glasnick Smithy Kirkcowan, near Newton Stewart, Dumfries and Galloway
- Lakeview Cottages at Mondhui – The Old Barn Port of Menteith, Stirlingshire
- Tawny Cottage Wester Essendy near Blairgowrie, Perthshire
- The Old Vicarage Truro
- Rosebank Rothesay, Isle of Bute, Argyll and Bute
- Mid Balchandy – West Tomnafeannag Cottage Pitlochry, Perthshire
- Kirtle Cottage Annan, Dumfries, Dumfries and Galloway
- Barnhill Bothy Moffat, Dumfries and Galloway
- Middletoun Cottages – Beech Tree Cottage Fountainhall, near Stow, The Scottish Borders
- Little Cottage Wigtown, Dumfries and Galloway