What we love
Romantic rural retreat for couples, close to Tarvit Mansion House, Fife Falconry Centre and St Andrews golf course.
All on the ground floor.
Open plan living space: With wooden floor.
Living room: With electric coal-effect stove, TV, DVD player and iPod dock.
Kitchen area: With electric cooker, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher and washer/dryer.
Bedroom: With super kingsize bed.
Bathroom: With bath, shower cubicle and toilet.Both properties: Gas central heating, electricity, bed linen, towels and Wi-Fi included. Travel cot. Courtyard with sitting-out area and garden furniture (shared). On road parking. No smoking.Quietly situated in the charming village of Ceres, 8 miles from the magnificent beaches and championship golf courses at St Andrews, these two holiday cottages, adjacent to each other, have been stylishly converted from a listed building to create a superb holiday base. Ceres has a shop, newsagents, butchers, dog friendly pub, tea room, museum, café and hotel with restaurant and dog friendly bar within 300 yards. Nearby attractions include the Hill of Tarvit Mansion House, a fascinating National Trust house and gardens with Hatters Edwardian Tearoom and a 9 hole Hickory golf course, the Fife Falconry Centre, and horse riding in the village. There are excellent footpaths for walking and cycling with stunning views of coast and countryside, whilst the Tents Muir National Nature Reserve has a fabulous walk along the beach to Tentsmuir Point where hundreds of seals can be seen basking on the sandbars. Visit The Eden Estuary Centre and Morton Lochs and watch waterfowl from dedicated bird hides. St Andrews itself is steeped in history and has a comprehensive range of shops, restaurants, tearooms, museum and the Sea Life Centre. Perth and Dundee are easily accessible, whilst the wonders of Edinburgh are just 40 miles away. Shop, pub and restaurant 300 yards.
Direct Booking Link: https://www.cottages.com/cottages/castle-cottages-castle-dairy-27901?nights=1&range=3
- UK: Scotland
- Postcode: ALL REGIONS
July 30, 2019 4:31 pm
83 total views, 1 today
- Tawny Cottage Wester Essendy near Blairgowrie, Perthshire
- Ederline Estate – The School Room Ford, near Lochgilphead, Argyll and Bute
- Mid Balchandy – West Tomnafeannag Cottage Pitlochry, Perthshire
- Stuffers Cottage Braemar, Aberdeenshire
- Kirtle Cottage Annan, Dumfries, Dumfries and Galloway
- Thistle Cottage Bonar Bridge, near Lairg, Highlands
- Cordorcan Cottages – Wee Cordorcan Wood of Cree, near Newton Stewart, Dumfries & Galloway
- Middletoun Cottages – Beech Tree Cottage Fountainhall, near Stow, The Scottish Borders
- Glasnick Smithy Kirkcowan, near Newton Stewart, Dumfries and Galloway
- Hame from Hame – Toab Aberdeen, Aberdeenshire