What we love
Enjoying breathtaking views, this detached former barn is a perfect romantic retreat for couples. Fishing available on site.
Open plan living space: With wooden floor.
Living area: With mutlti-fuel burner, satellite TV, DVD player and CD player.
Kitchen area: With electric cooker, microwave, fridge and washing machine.
Bathroom: With shower over bath, and toilet.
Turning open-tread stairs to…
Bedroom: With kingsize bed and door leading to balcony.Bed linen and towels included. Electric heaters and electricity by meter reading. Initial fuel for multi-fuel burner included. Small courtyard garden with patio, garden furniture and barbecue. Balcony. Bike store. Private parking for 2 cars. No smoking.Dating back to 1760, this detached former barn has been carefully restored to provide a very good standard of accommodation. Exposed beams, open stonework and a multi-fuel stove add to its charm. Drovers Rest is set close to Ben Wyvis and is a delightful hideaway, ideal for a romantic break. Surrounded by spectacular countryside, meander along the riverside, take a woodland walk or relax on the bedroom balcony and enjoy the breathtaking views across the River Blackwater, with fishing available on site. Garve Railway Station, 1 mile, is on the famous Kyle line and runs through magnificent scenery to the Kyle of Lochalsh. There is a post office and hotel serving food in the village. Golf, pony trekking and trout fishing can be arranged with the owner, whilst further amenities are available in the Victorian spa village of Strathpeffer, 8 miles, which has a good golf course, and Dingwall, 12 miles, which is on the Cromarty Firth where dolphins can be regularly seen regularly. Shop, pub and restaurant 2 miles.
Direct Booking Link: https://www.cottages.com/cottages/drovers-rest-29199?nights=1&range=3
- UK: Scotland
- Postcode: ALL REGIONS
July 30, 2019 2:43 pm
186 total views, 2 today
- Manse Cottage Sandhead, near Stranraer, Dumfries & Galloway
- The Old Vicarage Truro
- Cordorcan Cottages – Wee Cordorcan Wood of Cree, near Newton Stewart, Dumfries & Galloway
- Barnhill Bothy Moffat, Dumfries and Galloway
- Little Vallivore Logiealmond, near Perth, Perthshire
- Sea Breeze Cottage Buckie, Highlands
- Rosebank Rothesay, Isle of Bute, Argyll and Bute
- Goose Cottage Oban, Argyll and Bute
- Middletoun Cottages – Beech Tree Cottage Fountainhall, near Stow, The Scottish Borders
- Tawny Cottage Wester Essendy near Blairgowrie, Perthshire