What we love
With a private hot tub, this pod-style accommodation is perfect for a couple to enjoy a break away in a rural location.
All on the ground floor.
Open plan living space.
Living area: With Freeview TV and patio doors leading to decking.
Kitchen area: With electric cooker, microwave, fridge and freezer.
Bedroom: With kingsize bed.
Shower room: With shower cubicle and toilet. Electric central heating, electricity, bed linen, towels and Wi-Fi included. Welcome pack. Laundry room (shared with other properties on-site). Decking with sitting-out area and garden furniture. Hot tub for 2 (private). Bike store. Private parking for 1 car. No smoking. This pod-style accommodation has been tastefully decorated and is set in a beautiful rural location on the owners working farm. The property is only a mile from the charming town of Gatehouse of Fleet, which offers a wide range of places to eat and relax in. There are numerous attractions in and around the town, including the Mill on the Fleet Visitor Centre, Cardoness Castle and the popular Laggan Outdoor Activity Centre, which is host to one of Europes longest zip wires.
Only a short drive away is Kirkcudbright, known as the artists town, which attracts visitors who are drawn by the harbour, historic high street and the diverse range of annual events and visitor attractions. The popular programme of summer festivities culminates with the spectacular Tattoo, an event not to be missed.
Close by there are delightful beaches and numerous walks available, from scenic coastal walks to forest trails, not to mention sailing, swimming, horse riding, fishing, golf, boat trips and water sports. Warmed by the Gulf Stream, there are many beautiful gardens to visit, including Threave Gardens (National Trust). Close to the Galloway Forest Park and central to 5 of the 7Stanes, it is a popular location for cyclists and mountain bikers. Beach 3 miles. Shop, pub and restaurant 1 mile.
Jacks Hideaway can be booked together with Galloway View (CC537210), Fleet View (ref CC537269), Beths Bothy (ref UK5529) and Annabelles Den (ref UK10990) to accommodate up to 16 guests.
Direct Booking Link: https://www.cottages.com/cottages/drumwall-jacks-hideaway-uk5530?nights=1&range=3
- UK: Scotland
- Postcode: ALL REGIONS
July 30, 2019 2:21 pm
119 total views, 2 today
- Mid Balchandy – West Tomnafeannag Cottage Pitlochry, Perthshire
- Stuffers Cottage Braemar, Aberdeenshire
- Little Vallivore Logiealmond, near Perth, Perthshire
- Manse Cottage Sandhead, near Stranraer, Dumfries & Galloway
- Glasnick Smithy Kirkcowan, near Newton Stewart, Dumfries and Galloway
- Cordorcan Cottages – Wee Cordorcan Wood of Cree, near Newton Stewart, Dumfries & Galloway
- Middletoun Cottages – Beech Tree Cottage Fountainhall, near Stow, The Scottish Borders
- Lakeview Cottages at Mondhui – The Old Barn Port of Menteith, Stirlingshire
- Goose Cottage Oban, Argyll and Bute
- Barnhill Bothy Moffat, Dumfries and Galloway