The Hackney Colliery Band, who were watched by a huge crowd at the 2012 London Olympic Games closing ceremony, will appear at St Ives Guildhall on Saturday, September 15 – the middle Saturday of the 15-day 2018 St Ives September Festival.
The highly-acclaimed band have also performed live sets at the MOBO, Brit and Mercury Last year their third album Sharpener went straight in at No.3 on the jazz charts and No.14 on the independent music charts.
They have collaberated with the likes of Amy Winehouse and Jamie Cullum and sold out venues across Europe.
A New Orleans-style line up of trumpets, trombones, saxes, sousaphone and two drummers, and a name which pays homage to the British brass heritage demonstrate that Hackney Colliery Band are rooted in tradition, yet sound thoroughly modern.
- UK: England
- County: Cornwall
- Postcode: TR262NE
January 9, 2018 3:12 pm
This ad has expired
274 total views, 1 today
- Cordorcan Cottages – Wee Cordorcan Wood of Cree, near Newton Stewart, Dumfries & Galloway
- Barnhill Bothy Moffat, Dumfries and Galloway
- Hame from Hame – Toab Aberdeen, Aberdeenshire
- Thistle Cottage Bonar Bridge, near Lairg, Highlands
- Lakeview Cottages at Mondhui – The Old Barn Port of Menteith, Stirlingshire
- Tawny Cottage Wester Essendy near Blairgowrie, Perthshire
- Little Vallivore Logiealmond, near Perth, Perthshire
- Kirtle Cottage Annan, Dumfries, Dumfries and Galloway
- Manse Cottage Sandhead, near Stranraer, Dumfries & Galloway
- Mid Balchandy – West Tomnafeannag Cottage Pitlochry, Perthshire