The Hackney Colliery Band, who were watched by a huge crowd at the 2012 London Olympic Games closing ceremony, will appear at St Ives Guildhall on Saturday, September 15 – the middle Saturday of the 15-day 2018 St Ives September Festival.
The highly-acclaimed band have also performed live sets at the MOBO, Brit and Mercury Last year their third album Sharpener went straight in at No.3 on the jazz charts and No.14 on the independent music charts.
They have collaberated with the likes of Amy Winehouse and Jamie Cullum and sold out venues across Europe.
A New Orleans-style line up of trumpets, trombones, saxes, sousaphone and two drummers, and a name which pays homage to the British brass heritage demonstrate that Hackney Colliery Band are rooted in tradition, yet sound thoroughly modern.
- UK: England
- County: Cornwall
- Postcode: TR262NE
January 9, 2018 3:12 pm
59 days, 5 hours
215 total views, 2 today
- Goose Cottage Oban, Argyll and Bute
- Barnhill Bothy Moffat, Dumfries and Galloway
- New Channelkirk Cottages – Bridge Cottage Oxton, near Lauder, The Scottish Borders
- Middletoun Cottages – Beech Tree Cottage Fountainhall, near Stow, The Scottish Borders
- Kirtle Cottage Annan, Dumfries, Dumfries and Galloway
- The Old Vicarage Truro
- Ederline Estate – The School Room Ford, near Lochgilphead, Argyll and Bute
- Cordorcan Cottages – Wee Cordorcan Wood of Cree, near Newton Stewart, Dumfries & Galloway
- Stuffers Cottage Braemar, Aberdeenshire
- Lakeview Cottages at Mondhui – The Old Barn Port of Menteith, Stirlingshire