What we love
Take in the panoramic loch views, and maybe even the Aurora Borealis whilst staying at this cosy cottage!
All on the ground floor.
Open plan living space.
Living area: With 32″ Freesat TV, DVD player, CD player and patio doors leading to garden.
Kitchen area: With electric oven, gas hob, combi microwave oven/grill, fridge/freezer, dishwasher and washing machine.
Bedroom: With zip and link super kingsize bed (can be twin beds on request) and en-suite with bath, shower cubicle and toilet. LPG underfloor central heating, LPG, electricity, bed linen, towels and Wi-Fi included. Enclosed garden with decking, patio and garden furniture. Bike store. Private parking for 2 cars. No smoking. Single Malt Cottage is a most charming, purpose-built cottage for two guests. Stylishly furnished and equipped, it makes for an enjoyable stay and the owners are on hand to assist with any queries and to give advice on places visit. With fine quality bed linen and towels, and a selection of local interest books, the owners have thought of everything to ensure a relaxing and special time awaits. Situated in the crofting township of Geary on the Waternish Peninsula, the detached, single-storey cottage lies on a working sheep farm with horses and enjoys uninterrupted panoramic views across Loch Snizort and the Ascrib Islands, and further afield to the Outer Hebrides. The area has much to offer outdoor ethusiasts, and there is walking, birdwatching and spotting wildlife such as dolphins, minke whales and basking sharks which are regular visitors to the loch. Historic sites to visit include the Trumpan Church and the Fairy Bridge. Lochbay is only a short drive away where you will find the oldest pub on Skye, restaurants, art galleries and Skyskyns Tannery. Guests can also visit the Lochbay Restaurant, brought to you by Chef Patron Michael Smith. The Waternish area has three Dark Skies viewing sites – with no light pollution you are able to get full benefit of the night sky, and maybe even see the Aurora Borealis on frosty nights. The island has so much to offer in the way of visitor attractions, dramatic land and seascapes. Beach 3 miles. Shop 10 miles, pub and restaurant 5 miles.
Direct Booking Link: https://www.cottages.com/cottages/single-malt-cottage-uk5298?nights=1&range=3
- UK: Scotland
- Postcode: ALL REGIONS
July 30, 2019 12:55 pm
63 total views, 5 today
- Thistle Cottage Bonar Bridge, near Lairg, Highlands
- Little Cottage Wigtown, Dumfries and Galloway
- New Channelkirk Cottages – Bridge Cottage Oxton, near Lauder, The Scottish Borders
- Stuffers Cottage Braemar, Aberdeenshire
- Rosebank Rothesay, Isle of Bute, Argyll and Bute
- Cordorcan Cottages – Wee Cordorcan Wood of Cree, near Newton Stewart, Dumfries & Galloway
- Mid Balchandy – West Tomnafeannag Cottage Pitlochry, Perthshire
- Ederline Estate – The School Room Ford, near Lochgilphead, Argyll and Bute
- Hame from Hame – Toab Aberdeen, Aberdeenshire
- Manse Cottage Sandhead, near Stranraer, Dumfries & Galloway