The Twelve Days of Christmas follows Miss Elizabeth Fairfax and her rather unusual Christmas of 1895.
It is the eve before Christmas, 1895, when a Miss Elizabeth Fairfax (a sensible sort of lady leading a very ordinary sort of life), receives a visit from the dashing Mr Edward Fitzwilliam. Mr Edward is at once enchanted by Miss Elizabeth’s beauty and decides, right and there, that he will marry Miss Fairfax. But since she is the most charming creature he has ever seen, he decides that no ordinary wooing will do.
But what to get a lady of such extraordinary charm and beauty? Luckily for Mr Edward, the local townsfolk have plenty of suggestions (and plenty of things they’re trying to sell).
As Mr Edward puts himself under further pressure to ‘top’ the last gift with something more unique, poor Miss Elizabeth tries to cope with the ever growing number of presents in her house (most of which seem to be livestock). As the presents become more ludicrous, Miss Elizabeth’s house begins to represent something between a “menagerie and an asylum” and her surly household staff, Jenson and Cooky begin to lose control of the estate.
But will Mr Edward win Miss Elizabeth’s heart? Will the lawn ever be the same again? And where on earth is Cooky?
Call for more information and tickets : 01736 363 545
Tickets: £10 — £12
Acorn Penzance, Penzance / Sat 25th November, 2017
- Tel: 01736 363 545
- UK: England
- County: Cornwall
- Postcode: TR184BU
October 29, 2017 6:51 am
This ad has expired
146 total views, 1 today
- Tawny Cottage Wester Essendy near Blairgowrie, Perthshire
- Glasnick Smithy Kirkcowan, near Newton Stewart, Dumfries and Galloway
- Manse Cottage Sandhead, near Stranraer, Dumfries & Galloway
- Goose Cottage Oban, Argyll and Bute
- Middletoun Cottages – Beech Tree Cottage Fountainhall, near Stow, The Scottish Borders
- Barnhill Bothy Moffat, Dumfries and Galloway
- Stuffers Cottage Braemar, Aberdeenshire
- Little Vallivore Logiealmond, near Perth, Perthshire
- Ederline Estate – The School Room Ford, near Lochgilphead, Argyll and Bute
- Mid Balchandy – West Tomnafeannag Cottage Pitlochry, Perthshire