What we love
Set in a conservation village, yet close to sandy beaches, fishing villages and coastal walks.
All on the ground floor.
Porch: With washing machine and storage for coats and boots.
Living room: With Freeview TV, DVD player, double sofa bed and French doors leading to sitting-out area.
4 steps to…
Kitchen/dining room: With electric cooker, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, Nescafé Dolce Gusto coffee machine, Velux window and tiled floor.
Bedroom: With double bed.
Shower room: With shower cubicle and toilet.Oil central heating, electricity, bed linen, towels and Wi-Fi included. Travel cot available on request. Highchair. Welcome pack. Sitting-out area with garden furniture and barbecue. 1-acre garden (shared with owner). Bike store. Private parking for 2 cars. No smoking. Please note: The property has a natural water supply from a borehole. There are 2 steps in the garden.This detached barn conversion, adjacent to the owners home, is located just outside the lovely conservation village of Fordyce, 1½ miles from the Moray coast. A magical place, the village is a warren of narrow streets and beautiful houses still following a medieval plan, and all wrapped around a magnificent centrepiece, Fordyce Castle, simply sitting on a bend in the village street. The holiday cottage is very comfortable and warm, and takes advantage of the panoramic views of both sea and countryside, with the arched French doors in the living room leading to a sunny sitting-out area at the front. Fordyce also offers an attractive park opposite the old kirkyard as well as a Victorian garden. The sandy beach at Sandend is a quick drive or a 45-minute walk from the cottage, where local fish can be bought and surfers enjoy the waves. Good coastal walks abound through the old fishing villages of Portsoy and Cullen, or alternatively travel inland through castle and whisky country. There are plenty of golf courses in the vicinity, and the variety of bird and wildlife both onshore and off will please the keen nature lover. Shop, pub and restaurant 2½ miles.
Direct Booking Link: https://www.cottages.com/cottages/the-brae-steading-29653?nights=1&range=3
- UK: Scotland
- Postcode: ALL REGIONS
July 30, 2019 4:42 pm
211 total views, 1 today
- Manse Cottage Sandhead, near Stranraer, Dumfries & Galloway
- Goose Cottage Oban, Argyll and Bute
- Mid Balchandy – West Tomnafeannag Cottage Pitlochry, Perthshire
- Little Vallivore Logiealmond, near Perth, Perthshire
- Barnhill Bothy Moffat, Dumfries and Galloway
- Sea Breeze Cottage Buckie, Highlands
- Glasnick Smithy Kirkcowan, near Newton Stewart, Dumfries and Galloway
- Hame from Hame – Toab Aberdeen, Aberdeenshire
- Ederline Estate – The School Room Ford, near Lochgilphead, Argyll and Bute
- Lakeview Cottages at Mondhui – The Old Barn Port of Menteith, Stirlingshire