What we love
A real romantic bolthole, this quirky cottage boasts a woodburner and a sitting-out area where you can relax and admire the delightful views.
Living room: With wood burner, 40″ Freesat TV, DVD player and wooden floor.
Kitchen/dining room: With gas cooker, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine and tiled floor.
Bathroom: With shower over bath, and toilet.
Spiral stairs to… First Floor:
Bedroom: With kingsize bed and sloping ceiling. Electric heaters, gas, electricity, towels and logs for wood burner included. Bed linen for hire (£15 for double, £10 for single). Cot and highchair available on request. Front lawned garden. Rear patio. Bike store. Private parking for 2 cars. No smoking. Please note: There is an unfenced stream, 50 yards away. This perfectly located holiday cottage, adjacent to the owners home, has been tastefully decorated with character and provides comfortable accommodation and a cosy wood burner, a perfect romantic retreat for couples. From the bedroom and living room, there are picturesque views of the sea and after a good walk, you can relax in a luxurious bath or sit out on the peaceful patio. Conveniently situated in the quiet village of Kilchoan, all the local amenities are within easy walking distance, including a friendly pub which serves food, a shop and the ferry with daily sailings to Tobermory on the Isle of Mull, which is a 15-minute walk away. Built in 1886 and converted in the early 1980s, The Byre is a semi-detached cottage with a homely, spacious living room with high ceilings. From the living room, a quirky cast-iron spiral staircase coils its way up to the cosy bedroom with a king size bed. Round the back of the cottage, there is a seating and patio area which allows you to enjoy the mature garden full of fruit trees and bushes. The village of Kilchoan is a haven for hill walkers and wildlife enthusiasts, as well as those just wanting a quiet or romantic break away. Beach ½ mile. Shop, pub and restaurant ½ mile.
Direct Booking Link: https://www.cottages.com/cottages/the-byre-31253?nights=1&range=3
- UK: Scotland
- Postcode: ALL REGIONS
July 30, 2019 2:21 pm
79 total views, 1 today
- Ederline Estate – The School Room Ford, near Lochgilphead, Argyll and Bute
- Stuffers Cottage Braemar, Aberdeenshire
- Rosebank Rothesay, Isle of Bute, Argyll and Bute
- The Old Vicarage Truro
- Manse Cottage Sandhead, near Stranraer, Dumfries & Galloway
- Middletoun Cottages – Beech Tree Cottage Fountainhall, near Stow, The Scottish Borders
- Cordorcan Cottages – Wee Cordorcan Wood of Cree, near Newton Stewart, Dumfries & Galloway
- Glasnick Smithy Kirkcowan, near Newton Stewart, Dumfries and Galloway
- Tawny Cottage Wester Essendy near Blairgowrie, Perthshire
- Little Cottage Wigtown, Dumfries and Galloway