What we love
On a 160-acre private island, this romantic couples retreat enjoys stunning views and a cosy multi-fuel burner.
Open plan living space.
Living area: With multi-fuel burner and Freeview TV.
Kitchen area: Farmhouse style with 2-ring electric hob, microwave and fridge/freezer.
Bedroom: With kingsize bed and en-suite with shower cubicle and toilet. First Floor:
Sun terrace. Electric heaters, electricity, bed linen and Wi-Fi included. Initial fuel for multi-fuel burner included; remainder available locally. Telephone available on request. Garden with garden furniture, BBQ and telescope. Walled lawns and 160-acre grounds (shared). On road parking. Sea fishing and boat mooring. Smoking permitted. Please note: No children. The property has a natural water supply from a spring. The property is close to the sea and there are drops within the grounds. In a superb, secluded location by the sea on a 160-acre private island, this unique holiday cottage, one of three, enjoys stunning views from windows all around. Set at the northern tip of Davaar Island, it is connected to the mainland by a causeway, revealed by the sea for 6 hours at low tide. On arrival and departure, visitors will be ferried by Landrover across the causeway (leaving cars in the parking area at the main access point to the island). Once on the island, the mainland is just 20 minutes walk across the causeway, and Campbeltown, with good shops and restaurants, is a further 2 miles by car. Shop, pub and restaurant 3½ miles.
Direct Booking Link: https://www.cottages.com/cottages/the-lookout-umg?nights=1&range=3
- UK: Scotland
- Postcode: ALL REGIONS
July 30, 2019 2:21 pm
69 total views, 1 today
- Goose Cottage Oban, Argyll and Bute
- Sea Breeze Cottage Buckie, Highlands
- Lakeview Cottages at Mondhui – The Old Barn Port of Menteith, Stirlingshire
- Stuffers Cottage Braemar, Aberdeenshire
- Hame from Hame – Toab Aberdeen, Aberdeenshire
- Glasnick Smithy Kirkcowan, near Newton Stewart, Dumfries and Galloway
- Barnhill Bothy Moffat, Dumfries and Galloway
- Little Cottage Wigtown, Dumfries and Galloway
- Cordorcan Cottages – Wee Cordorcan Wood of Cree, near Newton Stewart, Dumfries & Galloway
- Manse Cottage Sandhead, near Stranraer, Dumfries & Galloway